Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing 6000 CD from MK3 Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Davenobby228
Hi all

New to this and just bought a Focus TDCi 1800 Zetec and am amazed at the performance v's economy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I took some toys out of my old car and want to put them in the new one, mainly a hands free kit. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stereo to get to the wiring? I know you need release keys but there is a silver strip surrounding the unit itself and not sure if the holes for the keys are behind this or if Im barking up the wrong tree. :blink:

Any assistance would be appreciated. :P
theboynoz
[quote name='Davenobby228' post='26442' date='Jun 2 2009, 01:05 PM']Hi all

New to this and just bought a Focus TDCi 1800 Zetec and am amazed at the performance v's economy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I took some toys out of my old car and want to put them in the new one, mainly a hands free kit. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stereo to get to the wiring? I know you need release keys but there is a silver strip surrounding the unit itself and not sure if the holes for the keys are behind this or if Im barking up the wrong tree. :blink:

Any assistance would be appreciated. :P[/quote]

There should be 4 small slits on the front of the stereo itself, you put the keys through there and push them slightly to one side and it releases the radio, sometimes they are a bit tough to pull out though so persavere.
Davenobby228
[quote name='theboynoz' post='26455' date='Jun 2 2009, 03:50 PM']There should be 4 small slits on the front of the stereo itself, you put the keys through there and push them slightly to one side and it releases the radio, sometimes they are a bit tough to pull out though so persavere.[/quote]

There are not visable holes to place any release keys on this model, just a silver strip which surrounds the stereo itself. Any ideas?
dezwez
[quote name='Davenobby228' post='27588' date='Jun 8 2009, 12:39 PM']There are not visable holes to place any release keys on this model, just a silver strip which surrounds the stereo itself. Any ideas?[/quote]
can you get a picture up ;)
Davenobby228
[quote name='dezwez' post='27613' date='Jun 8 2009, 05:26 PM']can you get a picture up ;)[/quote]

Here is an Identicial one (apart from the aircon underneath).

Do I need to remove the dashboard surrounding the stereo and ventilation to get to the stereo?
dezwez
[quote name='Davenobby228' post='27793' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:33 PM']

Here is an Identicial one (apart from the aircon underneath).

Do I need to remove the dashboard surrounding the stereo and ventilation to get to the stereo?[/quote]
have a look at top and bottom for small cut outs
cant say i come across this one yet
ithink its removed with a flat key
dezwez
Just found this on flebay
by the look of this picture the locking is on the two side
so i think that crome ring must come out some way
there nothing else showing on it have a good look around that crome ring
hope this helps.
or dose the front panel come out some way

Davenobby228
[quote name='dezwez' post='27854' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:21 PM']Just found this on flebay
by the look of this picture the locking is on the two side
so i think that crome ring must come out some way
there nothing else showing on it have a good look around that crome ring
hope this helps.
or dose the front panel come out some way

[/quote]

Thanks for all the info. No small holes for keys and cannot get strip off without causing damage to surrounding area (cannot be this difficult surely!!!).

I think the whole of the surrounding dashboard wrap round must come off and then the stereo bolts with be behind.

Will have a good look this week and let you know how I get on. :unsure:

Thanks again and wish me luck
wassa
I know this is old... but did you manage to get it out? if so how?
tomo2001
[url="http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/ford-focus-mk2-5-2008-stereo-removal"]http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/ford-focus-mk2-5-2008-stereo-removal[/url]
btmaldon
On the Mk 2.5 you need to just lever the surround off and there is 4 phillips screws holding the unit on.
cuke
Hi, I think you might have confused us by caling your car a Mk3 when it is a Mk2.5..
Chris
DJ_Andy_M
Can I just make a point.... That radio is NOT found in the MK3 (2012 Model)

Sure this guy doesn't mean MK2.5?

Full Colour Version: Removing 6000 CD from MK3 Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.