Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mondeo headlamps
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Timbo
Hi, no-one has replied to my previous post re: changing the inner lenses on a mondeo headlamp. this is really urgent now, so i would appreciate any help. I can see four metal clips holding the two halves of the headlight together, does anyone know if there are more than this? any other info would be great. Thanks!
Steve
i would imagine there is a seal between those otherwise condensation would set in.

you need to take unit out and somehow try and heat the seal to get it apart.
Timbo
[quote name='Steve' post='868' date='Mar 30 2008, 04:37 PM']i would imagine there is a seal between those otherwise condensation would set in.

you need to take unit out and somehow try and heat the seal to get it apart.[/quote]

There is a loose rubber seal between the two halves. as i have seen a quote somewhere (i wish i could remember where! ) that both lenses could be changed in a maximum of 30 minutes, then i'm pretty sure that the headlight units weren't removed from the car. thanks anyway.
Steve
i would think there are clips all round the headlight so they may need to come out.
cossiedave
[quote name='Timbo' post='867' date='Mar 30 2008, 03:38 PM']Hi, no-one has replied to my previous post re: changing the inner lenses on a mondeo headlamp. this is really urgent now, so i would appreciate any help. I can see four metal clips holding the two halves of the headlight together, does anyone know if there are more than this? any other info would be great. Thanks![/quote]

Hi when I changed mine on my 1994 mondeo there were 5 clips but if you have small hands if you just release the top 2 and 1 from the outside edge you can carefully pull the glass forward and get to the inner lens took me app 5mins a side be carefull

Full Colour Version: mondeo headlamps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.