Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Shocks
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lucas1787
Hi,I have a T reg 1.6 zetec Focus.5dr. Its just failed on a N.S.R leaking shock absorber(only slight).Could anyone advise on how easy they are to change,do I need a special tool?.I dont mind having a go at things,as long as its not too involved.Thanks
alz
If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed
stef123
[quote name='alz' post='27329' date='Jun 7 2009, 01:29 PM']If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed[/quote]

yep, agree. all you will need is a basic socket set and a jack. very simple job
lucas1787
Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave
FocusTDDI
[quote name='lucas1787' post='27562' date='Jun 8 2009, 07:53 AM']Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave[/quote]

No there's no tension on the shocks. did mine last week and it's just a 15mm bolt connecting bottom to car. Comes off really easy with an impact wrench too :)

Full Colour Version: Rear Shocks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.