Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boot Release Button
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cpjvej2014

Hi all,

I have a Focus Estate 1.6 CL, The boot release button is completely dead, when pressed there's nothing... No noises or anything!, meaning the boot only opens with the key. 

Have checked what fuses I can find and all seem to be intact, The fuses I have found are passengers side behind glove box... should I look for any more and does anyone know ere the fuse would be for boot release OR is it more likely a dodgy button ?

Thanks all.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Stoney871

Have you checked the wiring passing into the boot from the roof?

Look inside the rubber conduit there to see if any wires are damaged.

You may also need to replace the boot lock solenoid as they can burn out.

There's a link to a guide on how to swap over the lock barrel under this post when viewed on a PC.

Quick link here - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/58-transplanting-a-new-boot-lock-from-a-mk115-focus/

Full Colour Version: Boot Release Button
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615