Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Diesel Disaster From Blanking Plug
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Beep

Have had good use of this 08 Focus 1.6 diesel (50,360) until a sudden event on M25 where we had to make it across three lanes and on to the hard shoulder when the oil light and then engine malfunction light came on.

Oil all over the back of the car. Have had warranty inspection which has found a blanking plug inside the rear of the engine has backed off/come loose, jammed flywheel and let all the oil out (at 70mph!). New engine, flywheel and clutch . . . . . . .

Anyone heard of this happening before.

Apologies for dramatic introduction. . . . . .

FOCA

Is it the PSA 1.6 TDCI 90PS  engine?

Beep

Report says it is a Ford Focus Style  cc 1560 TD 90

jeebowhite

Ouch! my deepest sympathies!

I certainly havent heard of this one before! it sounds like a bad service at some point and its not been refitted properly!

Is it under warranty at all?

Beep

Plug is inside at the rear of engine  and would not usually be touched especially for servicing. Warranty people ok and have granted full amount but still a very big bill to pay. Thought other Focus owners/engineers might have heard of this one before.

STEADS
Heard of core plugs behind flywheel but not oil blanking plugs new one on me that
mjt

Sounds like a blanking plug for the oil gallery, possibly?

jeebowhite

well its a good job the warranty is paying out, at least you get a nice shiny new engine! although inconvenient, consider the graces that you have that warranty if you didnt... I could only imagine how bad that would be!

Beep

Waiting for the repair quotes now . . . . . . . . . .

jeebowhite

I recon your looking at about 2.5k!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.