Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford focus rocker cover (x)2000
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
wooddemon
Went to replace rocker cover gasket removed the 10 bolts and it won't budge, thought it was supposed to just come off, not hed this problem with other cars, amy ideas?
mintalkin
it might be just stuck try a sharp tap with a rubbemallet.
wooddemon
I'll give it a try later and let you know, did have a chock of wood against it and hit with a hammer but didn't want to do it to hard incase i cracked it
wooddemon
Since my unsucsesfull attempt yesterday and tighteng the nuts back up the leak seems to have stopped, not sure if i've nipped them back up to tight though.
stef123
[quote name='wooddemon' post='27519' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:26 PM']Since my unsucsesfull attempt yesterday and tighteng the nuts back up the leak seems to have stopped, not sure if i've nipped them back up to tight though.[/quote]

im sure the torque setting for these bolts is something ridiculously low as 10nm.

Full Colour Version: Ford focus rocker cover (x)2000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615