Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acceleration Noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
gwengo

Ello peeps,

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem that I have had with my car for quite a while. When the engine is up to temperature (doesn't occur running a cold engine) the car makes what I can only be described as a "hooting" noise. I had checked under the bonnet and there are no trapped owls that I can see.

Heres a video clip of what happens:

http://youtu.be/c1ZmX10udfQ

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I have had to oil filter changed in it's last service, so I don't think its the oil filter housing.

Cheers

Paul

jeebowhite

have you checked the intercooler hoses and pipe?

gwengo

I have mate, this is whats really confusing me. I've taken the intercooler off and checked the hoses and even had turbo hose off but no signs of any leaks. I am getting quite a lot of oily splats in my engine bay on the rhs of the engine, theres even oily marks on the heat/noise shielding under the bonnet. I've attached some images which give a better idea. I don't know if this is another issue or the result of the noise.

18_TDCi_engine_splat.jpg

18_TDCi_engine_heatshield.jpg

18_TDCi_engine_close.jpg

The red area is where the oily splats are present. I've checked the oil level and its been at a constant level for the past 6 months so I'm not loosing any oil. I took the third image after I had cleaned the area to try and find any leaks.

Full Colour Version: Acceleration Noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.