Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Ranger Turbo noise.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
zopot
My Ford Ranger Thunder 2004 2.5 is making a loud whinning and clattering noise when i power up and put the engien under load,It also seems to take a while to achieve full revs making a bit sluggish. I suspect it is the turbo on its way out.But thought someone might have experienced the same and could confirm my fears before i let go of any cash on a new torbo unit.
I am completly new to the forum so Hi to everyone.
dervdave
[quote name='zopot' post='27479' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:32 PM']My Ford Ranger Thunder 2004 2.5 is making a loud whinning and clattering noise when i power up and put the engien under load,It also seems to take a while to achieve full revs making a bit sluggish. I suspect it is the turbo on its way out.But thought someone might have experienced the same and could confirm my fears before i let go of any cash on a new torbo unit.
I am completly new to the forum so Hi to everyone.[/quote]

Hi zopot, you probably assume right about the turbo ,I`ve a TDCi model so obviously a different motor and can hardly hear the turbo.
When did you last change the engine oil ?
Try putting a quarter of a litre of two stroke oil in a full tank of diesel to see what difference it makes.
zopot
[quote name='dervdave' post='27995' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:23 PM']Hi zopot, you probably assume right about the turbo ,I`ve a TDCi model so obviously a different motor and can hardly hear the turbo.
When did you last change the engine oil ?
Try putting a quarter of a litre of two stroke oil in a full tank of diesel to see what difference it makes.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.Fitted a new turbo weekend and the state of the old one was a real mess. All the blades were broken and twisted.It now drives like a new engien did not realize how much power i had lost. I think it was probably knackerd when i bought the truck.Thanks again for you advice.zopot

Full Colour Version: Ford Ranger Turbo noise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.