Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knocking Noise When Changing Gear At Speed ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
nuckingfugget
Hi all my first post looking for some advice,

I have just recently purchased a ford focus 1.6 petrol 2005 (100bhp model)

And I have noticed that when accelerating hard and changing gear usually 3rd to 4th I get a loud thump noise ?

It only makes the noise when I release the clutch and it is in the gear I have moved into have noticed it from 2nd to 3rd also

Not sure what it is I don't think it's the ABS test as I'm doing 50mph or higher and I have also checked the engine mounts by parking up and rocking the engine when cold and it seems tight enough can't hear any knocking

Any ideas anyone ?
Vendee

Engine mounts would have been my first thought but as you have checked them perhaps think about the CV joints on the drive shafts and the front suspension components i.e. shock mounts, wishbones etc. Good luck.

nuckingfugget
Ok will check them out thanks for the reply

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615