Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Book In For Terraclean Service... Excited!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ZetecShearer1987

Hi 

I am having my car terracleaned this coming tuesday at my closest terraclean operator.

Its gonna cost £90.

I have really high expectations for this and hopefully will get a smoother drive and better mpg etc.

anyone got any personal experience of a terraclean service anything to watch out for.

Are my expectations to high or is this the real deal in cleaning the inside of your engine out.

My car has just hit 50,000 and i'm guessing its never been terracleaned before, so i was thinking why not try it.

Stoney871
You will notice some difference.
The engine will love you for it :)

Sent from my S5
ZetecShearer1987

I hope so.

I do alot of short town and A road driving, i notice after prolonged short driving the cars engine does feel rougher for a few miles until i go on a longer drive again.

Probably thinking if i can get all that carbon crap out the engine, short term and long term performance will be increased.

STEADS
Looking forward to your post after it's done seen this a while back and pondered on it thanks for being the guinea pig lol hope it lives up to your expectations .
ZetecShearer1987
Thanks steads , I'll be the Guinea pig for you all. I can't really see any negatives by having it done. Surely I can only see benefits from this. I know some people are sceptical of these fluids and things.

Personally I hope they are wrong and it will breathe some extra life and umph into my focus

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app
Stoney871
I believe I was the first to take the leap of faith a year or so ago.
Definitely don't regret having it done.
Actually planning to have another one done this year before the annual service.

Sent from my S5
ZetecShearer1987
My only slight worry. Would I need the oil changing after this service, as I had the car fully serviced around 2 months ago. Or will it be ok to leave existing oil in there

STEADS
Just watched the video of ed china doing a terraclean on a jag and it dropped the hydrocarbons dramatically takes about an hour really interested to see your results .
ZetecShearer1987
I'm not to fussed about all the hydrocarbons and stuff. I know it's important, but my car is safely below those figures now without using terraclean before. What I would want is a better driving experience. Crisper acceleration, smoother engine. All that stuff is what I really want.

Hassen

Great idea. Have this planned myself after the next service at 96,000 miles, which should be in the next 2-3 months. Do let us know how you get along and a review :)

STEADS
He doesn't mention an oil change in video as your only cleaning out the combustion side of things not the lubrication .
Stoney871

My only slight worry. Would I need the oil changing after this service, as I had the car fully serviced around 2 months ago. Or will it be ok to leave existing oil in there

You shouldn't have any problems at all.
The oil shouldn't be affected by the process.

Sent from my S5
ZetecShearer1987
Yeah will give my overall experience it's done hassen . My cars only 4 years old with 50 k on the clock. I use branded fuel. And the car gets an oil flush on each service too. So I'm hoping the fuel system will clean up properly and hopefully get an even better driving experience, though its a great experience now

khevolution

never really heard about this, what does it do exactly?

Turvey

never really heard about this, what does it do exactly?

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/  ;)

Hassen

Great stuff. Terraclean is getting good reviews and like you said, there doesn't seem any drawbacks from it. It can only improve the car. 

I do mostly motorway driving but I reckon, my car would still benefit from it. Might get the fuel consumption a bit better, which would pay for the Terraclean in the long run. 

Here is a bit more information about it khevolution

http://www.terracleanireland.ie/#!history/c1vw1

khevolution

cheers, feeling lazy tonight, and couldn't be arsed to search myself

jeebowhite

search the forum for "teraclean seems to be spreading" and read that thread, its the one where Clive put a full review on there as well if you want a second opinion on it!

ZetecShearer1987

Hi

I have had the terraclean service done this morning, at my local garage, which was Autotech Garage Services, in melbourne, derbyshire.

What can i say apart from wow. What a difference this has made to my car.

Firstly when i arrived, the owner Roger, talked me through the whole process of what it all does and how it improves each part of the engine, he then asked me if i had any issues with the car relating to the engine. 

It took around 1 hour to do, he also hooked up an ecu scan tool to show all live date from each of the sensors. the 02 sensor behind the cat wasnt reading any data prior to the terraclean and the other sensors were not properly reading or were unable to get an accurate reading.

He then started the service and after around 5 mins of the terraclean... the 2nd o2 started picking up data again slowly until it was back to normal. RESULT also the other 2 sensors were getting much better reads which was very promising.

also adding to this, the floor under my exhaust pipe was turning a dark black with all the carbon deposits.

After the service, he connected up all the fuel lines and stuff, and straight away the car sounded so much more quiet on idle, quite a remarkable difference really, also the exhaust sound muched smoother and crisper.

And the drive home was an absolute joy, much more torque and smoother acceleration, and even better mpg

I cant rate this service high enough, i will defo be having it done once a year at the autotech garage.

STEADS
Glad to hear you got value for your money I think I will book mine in at a local dealer .
Stoney871

Good results there Daniel.
Goes to show how useful the cleaning is especially when it comes to sensors.

Sent from my S5
ZetecShearer1987
I guess this would vary from car to car, luckily my experience was great and the garage doing the service were fantastic.

bry0586

had mine done yesterday, noticed it runs smoother, bit nipier, im happy with the results, hopefully i'll be having my dpf removed and remapped this week so that'll help with the whole clean aswell :D

Stoney871
More happy customers ;)
Edd China would be so proud :d

Sent from my S5
ZetecShearer1987
I think instead if wasting money with fuel additives and stuff. Just try terraclean. You can see the results live in front of you. There is no guessing hoping a bottle of injector cleaner has worked. With terraclean, you can see it working live on a data read

bry0586

i didnt see it happening, where i went was like 2 mins from bullring so i went shopping haha, but could tell soon as i got into the car that it had been done .

ZetecShearer1987
It was worth seeing the sensors live as the terraclean was going through the car. Quite a big change in the readings from start to finish. The engine was hot aswell on the first read as I just drove 20 miles to the garage so it wasn't like the engine was cold with those initial readings

bry0586

did you have a unusual smell when u drove off? kinda like burning but not if that makes sense?

alexp999

I'm surprised the difference it makes to a petrol and all the carbon you saw, I expected that sort of thing from a Diesel.

jeebowhite

I have had to put the service off for a while, but one of the first things I am going to be doing when I get my insurance payout is to get the timing belts and chain changed, then the next job is teraclean!

STEADS
Had mine done this morning all I can say is wow what a difference crisper acceleration smoother all round quitter and the stutter I had at sixty mph appears to have gone but will be able to tell absolutely when I go to work later along the dual carriage way but I'm well impressed money well spent in my book my lads taking it up to the Lake District Tommrow so will see how it's improved mpg on a long run .
IINexusII

Ill be getting mine done on saturday, i got ticking injectors on parital load. ill see terraclean makes any difference to that

jeebowhite

Get your EGR blanked off as well now you have had that done. it will stop the error coming back!

Jay87

Get your EGR blanked off as well now you have had that done. it will stop the error coming back!

I was going to blank my egr, received the plate of ebay yesterday. Is it worth getting a terraclean done first as I was considering it anyway?
Stoney871
I'd get the Terraclean first so the EGR is done too.
A sticking EGR can still throw up codes even if blanked off so having it reasonably clean as well makes good sense.

Sent from my S5
Jay87
Thanks, i'll do it that way then.
Ladiesman020

So what would a terraclean cost on a MK1.5 1.8 TDCI (Endura) 2003-53 58,000

jeebowhite
It varies on location, my mondy would cost 110 it's based on engine size I believe so budget for that
Stoney871
On diesels it's usually £100+.
Defo worth it though.
Dee_82
What else does the clean do? is it just the fuel side? I ran some AR6400 through the fuel the other day and the difference from a £20 bottle of stuff was staggering, if a hundred quid is a bit much for you id definitely give it a try.
jeebowhite
It clean the fuel filter injectors pistons exhaust and helps with turbo as well as egr
Brijohng56
Hi all just had mine Terracleaned & was hoping that it would cure my low rev problem, but it's not made any difference at all, still running like a bag of bone sat low revs between 750-1500, it just won't pull away when it's at these revs, the revs just hangs there until I drop the clutch to build the revs over 1500. Booked in to fords for them to check, don't have any codes on dash or lights come on, have also done the dash trick to get in to additional info, but no codes showing there either, so hoping Fords can find the problem, thanks all for this site, Brian
Stoney871
It cleans from injectors to the exhaust and everything in between.
Emissions will drop and performance will be smoother.
jeebowhite
Sounds like it could be either egr or turbo split pipe or hose. Can't see if it's a diesel or not
Brijohng56
Hi, 2.0L TDCI mk2.5 face lift focus CC3
Brijohng56
+ I've also got a egr blanking plate, I have brought a solid one & one with a hole, but not sure where to put it front or back of engine

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.