Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Nuts
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dazzlerda17
Hi does anyone know if these are the correct size for my focus zetec 2009 with 18" ST alloys ...dont wanna bother buying them if not ?

Ebay item number 201108023754

Thanks
jeebowhite

do you have aftermarket wheels? as they are only recommended for aftermarket wheels...

dazzlerda17
Na i got the st 18" alloys ...i hate the standard nuts as nearly all the caps have come off mine so want ones without caps and fancy coloured ones
jeebowhite

in which case contact them and get suitable ones for the OEM wheels.

troy45

The seller is being a bit misleading saying those nuts are suitable for all the standard Ford Focus wheels etc - reason being the aftermarket nuts have a much narrower cone where the nut contacts the wheel.

Correct 45 degree angled face but you'll only be getting 2 or 3mm of contact between the nut and wheel surface, look at one side by side with a Ford nut and you will see the Ford nuts have wider face to suit their wheels which have larger diameter than lot of aftermarket wheels.

Photo shows it better, shiny ring on each nut shows where they contact wheel surface (after-market nut used on an Oz wheel)

wheelnuts.jpg

Full Colour Version: Wheel Nuts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615