Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice On New Focus Purchase Please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Nedson
Hi fellas, I'm a newbie and I'm looking for advice on buying my first Focus. Been driving a 1.9 cdti Astra for the last 5 years and I'm thinking of going back to petrol.
I've seen an 11 plate 1.6 Zetec ( the newer shape,I think it's the Mk3?) that's caught my eye.
Any advice on pros and cons would be appreciated especially on fuel consumption and common faults that I need to be aware of.
Thanks in advance.
dezwez
Hi welcome :)
sonic113

Focus is a great car. We went with the mk2.5 because it suited our budget and family needs in terms of size and  is a nice looking car all round. Also went with petrol as it was best suited to us over a diesel and we also think in terms of fuel consumption its 100% for us. I Have always preferred petrol myself and recently talked the father in law from changing from a diesel Renault to the c max 1.6 petrol as he had nothing but big bills before and reliability hassle. he loves it and said he would not go back to diesel and wishes he had got a ford from the start.

Smooth engine and great reliability but like any car or engine no matter what fuel if its looked after it will never let you down and like I always say its ok to get advice on buying cars and what engine to go for  ect but at the end of the day it really up to you what you want from a car so my advice is take your time and choose kindly but when its a ford no matter what one,  their is plenty of help here for you. and as being a ford owner driving has never been more fun lol!  :)

Good luck.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.