Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus - Juddering ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cpjvej2014

Hi all,

Ive noticed a problem that has seemed to crop up in the last few days.... Ive got a 1.6 Zetec SE.

Sometimes changing from 2nd to 3rd, if the revs are a tad low (30 mph say).. The car judders and changing down and accelerating works, then changing to 3rd when revs are higher. I'm a new driver so is this my error or is something wrong with the car ?, does it sometimes if im in a 40, and I change from 3rd to 4th and the revvs are a bit low or im creeping my speed up if I accelerating it 'Judders', Changing down to 3rd or 2nd is fine I can accelerate again. 

Sometimes slowing from 60, changing down to 4th.. if I have to accelerate again it judders slightly.

ALSO, i've noticed any rapid acceleration or revving of the engine there's a slight 'Hiss' from the engine for a second or 2 as the revvs climb... is this normal for a Zetec ?

Thanks in Advance.

ben1191

Could be something to do with an air leak?Changing gears at low revs with an air leak would make it judder as it struggles to pull in air to sustain it?

Full Colour Version: Focus - Juddering ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615