Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.6Tdci Air In Fuel Line
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
FamilyGuy

Having an ongoing problem with air getting into the fuel in my Focus 1.6Tdci. First thing that happened was the car just cut out and diagnostics suggested a fuel rail pressure sensor so that was replaced. Then, following a full service, the car would just cut out every 500 miles or so. Our local garage has changed the sender unit in the tank, pressurised the fuel lines and changed all the seals but the problem still exists. When the car is running it is perfect but I need to get this sorted. It appears that the air builds up in the filter unit until it goes unto the pump then cuts out.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? Can anybody help.........please

jeebowhite

Has anybody checked the fuel filter or its housing?

Stoney871
+1.
Also is the filter seal new and/or fitted correctly?

Sent from my S5
FamilyGuy

Thanks for the reply - had 2 new fuel filters fitted - both the full Ford units with no joy. 

Stoney871
But did they also change the seal?
Ford kits don't always come with one

Sent from my S5
FamilyGuy

Its a sealed unit with 2 pipe connections and a electronic plug. been replaced twice in case that was faulty

jeebowhite

the only way to get air into the fuel system is with a leak in the fuel system, so this is most often as described - the fuel filter / bad seal. Alternatively it could be the fuel pump is drawing air into the system.

Are you able to provide a definitive list of all that they have done to look at this issue?

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.6Tdci Air In Fuel Line
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.