Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diy Service
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bry0586

when me and my mate are fitting the egr plate going to change oil n oil filter, prob air filter too aswell, will anything else thats classed essential need changing?

stef123
You could check out the condition of the pollen filter too while your in the mood lol
sonic113

yeah like mentioned above pollen filter and maybe fuel filter as well  if one is fitted to this model.

bry0586

i have a/c if that means i have a pollen filter ? lol

jeebowhite

all cars these days have one. Its located behind the centre console, accessible from the passenger footwell, you will need to undo three bolts to get at it.

In preperation for the job, I highly recomend you and the family get together and play serious twister, its good practice :p

bry0586

haha that awkward to get to?   quick question whilst we're on the topic of such things,  whats the difference between having the blowers on and having the a/c on? 

jeebowhite

air con circulates the air through the condensor rather than just blowing the fresh air from outside through the fans. The air through the air con is supposed to be cleaner and of better quality as its been through the system a bit more and been treat and cooled etc.

SeanW
I have footprints on my headlining...Unfortunately, not from anything kinky. Only from doing my pollen filter!! Or was that a heater resistor in a Fusion? Either way, they're both awkward to reach!!

AC will actively cool the air, whereas the blowers work just like a regular fan. AC will also dehumidify the air.

Actually, for the pollen filter, your best bet is to kneel outside of the car and with the seat right back you can just about reach it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app
bry0586

ahhhh ok thankyou for clearing this, tbh this is the first car ive ever had with a/c so its new to me. it needs regassing anyway as when it comes on it doesn't get any cooler, but im more of an open window kinda driver lol.

stef123

ahhhh ok thankyou for clearing this, tbh this is the first car ive ever had with a/c so its new to me. it needs regassing anyway as when it comes on it doesn't get any cooler, but im more of an open window kinda driver lol.

Wait till the aircon is working and then you get in a car without it!! You will wonder how you have managed :lol:
ferretfloozy

good old you tube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMc-C1AxYeQ

bry0586

air filter ordered, oil do i got for 5/30? and has anyone got a link or something for the right oil filter, every one on euro car parts says its not compatible with my model?

SeanW
Have you put your reg no. In on ECP? They do stock them!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app
bry0586

you can do that?? i had no idea haha thankyou :)  , does it make much difference between full/part synthetic oil? 

jeebowhite

5w/30 synthetic I believe is the Ford recommended.

bry0586

is the filter i've linked on europarts the right one, dont they usually have a metal cover? guessing thats what the inside looks like?

jeebowhite

I dont recall what they look like on the Focus so cant say with experience. But generally speaking they do offer the right parts! although I would always say look at yours before looking to buy one! they previously tried to sell me a cone filter for the CMAX (I used my number plate and apparently thats the right one!) but its a panel filter.

bry0586

ordered my oil and filter, eurocarparts are doing a promo at the minute so i got a free oil filter with 5 ltrs and a further 30% off, what should of cost nearly 50 quid cost me 21 quid haha :)

bry0586

My k&n panel filter came today so I cracked on to changing it. Original paper filter was filthy,dirt, what appears to be oil or just dirty build up :/.air box had a few dried leaves and funnily enough an empty menthol filter sleeve haha. Car feels that lil bit better with a better flowing filter .

Comparison of filters

\/\/\/

stef123
What does the other side of the old filter look like?
bry0586

pretty dirty/black

bry0586
Old filter

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app
jeebowhite

very nice!

bry0586
Should I be worried?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app
stef123
Worries about what?
bry0586

the dirty,possible oily old air filter? 

stef123
Nah it looks pretty normal for an old bogging air filter. It's done it's job
bry0586

ahhh ok then thanks :) 

Full Colour Version: Diy Service
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.