Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: major engine problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
darren davidson
hi looking for any ideas please my brother in law has an 02 petrol mondeo i have just been over to see him as car wont start just clicking like starter motor however when i tried it all the dials speedo etc shot up to max still just clicking but noticed gunge underneath car power steering resevoir is spewing out a cremy brown liquid he assures me he has not added water or anything thanks in advance darren
mintalkin
the non start could be a battery or a starter motor problem have you tried to jump start the car?, where is the gunge coming from, the resivoir or is it being sprayed into that area of the engione from some where else, any signs of the gunge anywhere else?
darren davidson
[quote name='mintalkin' post='27826' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:45 PM']the non start could be a battery or a starter motor problem have you tried to jump start the car?, where is the gunge coming from, the resivoir or is it being sprayed into that area of the engione from some where else, any signs of the gunge anywhere else?[/quote]
darren davidson
hi mate no ive not tried to jump start will give it a go the gunge is coming from the resevoir its full to overflowing
mintalkin
there could be air getting into the steering causing back pressure and the gunge overflow, are you certain that water has not been added by mistake and both the tops are yellow.

Full Colour Version: major engine problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615