Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arm Rest In Mk2
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bry0586

just out of curiosity, my car didnt come with an arm rest, is it a matter of just popping it in place or do you have to change entire centre console?

troy45

Quick look at the parts diagrams and you'd be looking at whole centre console base, upper trim, console side trims, handbrake cover and a ton of other bits too.

You may get the whole lot on ebay but buying the bits individually would soon add up.

G017627405.jpg

compared to

G017627503.jpg

Stoney871
There are mk2 consoles with armrests attached, a direct swap although a small piece does need cutting to remove the old one/fit the replacement.
The armrest version only has a very small cubby under the armrest itself.
You could fit an Armster unit, more storage space and removable if selling the car on.
The other option (as suggested above) is to git a facelift console, I did and it looks good although the console body colour is slightly paler than the standard mk2 flint.
Look to my guides (links under this post when viewed on s PC) for a guide to fitting a facelift console in a mk2.
My project came to about £280 but this takes into consideration that I went for an RS carbon theme and also changed switch panels, radio trim and cubbyhole ashtray unit.

Mk2 armrest version-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181461864122&alt=web

Mk2.5 version-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161362030489&alt=web

If you get the facelift (mk2.5) version you'll gain 2 more power sockets as a bonus.
If you should need help for making a loom to get them connected I would gladly make one for you (for a very modest fee).

Sent from my S5
bry0586

ooooooo so its not just a buy arm rest fit in place, not major just thought for long journeys somewhere to rest my arm haha. 

troy45

Doh! I missed that the query wasn't for the facelift  :rolleyes:

bry0586

cheers stoney, thats something id look more into, as long is it fit snug and didnt involve taking everything out :) something to look into in later months, spent nearly 500 on frigga this past week haha.

Stoney871
Most aftermarket armrests just involve sliding the seats fully forward and drilling a few small holes.

Sent from my S5

Full Colour Version: Arm Rest In Mk2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.