Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: abs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
shanmc
hi everybody. new to the forum so hope you can help.
i drive a 02 mondeo ghia 2.0tdi and recently the abs has been acting up.
the abs waring light came on but the brakes seemed fine.
then on my next drive , no warning light but intermittenly during braking the pedal would feel very solid and brakes wouldnt engage for maybe a second ,then work fine.
i checked the diagnostics on the dash but the only 'error' i saw was errror 0206.
after taking the wheels off and checking the sensor connections (whichloked ok) the problem hasn't returned though the brakes feel 'hard' and not quite as good.
if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be i would appriciate it
shanmc
[quote name='shanmc' post='28574' date='Jun 13 2009, 01:38 PM']hi everybody. new to the forum so hope you can help.
i drive a 02 mondeo ghia 2.0tdi and recently the abs has been acting up.
the abs waring light came on but the brakes seemed fine.
then on my next drive , no warning light but intermittenly during braking the pedal would feel very solid and brakes wouldnt engage for maybe a second ,then work fine.
i checked the diagnostics on the dash but the only 'error' i saw was errror 0206.
after taking the wheels off and checking the sensor connections (whichloked ok) the problem hasn't returned though the brakes feel 'hard' and not quite as good.
if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be i would appriciate it[/quote]

just found out that er0206 is normal so should i just get my abs sensors checked.
also where exactly do i find the air bag sensor in front of the radiator
fontayne56
Old break fluid makes the peddle hard. :D how old is it. Is it clean ?
mintalkin
get a boil test done on the fluid to see if its in recommended specs. ford recomend replacement every two years.
shanmc
[quote name='mintalkin' post='29214' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:59 PM']get a boil test done on the fluid to see if its in recommended specs. ford recomend replacement every two years.[/quote]

whats a boil test?
brake fluid is pretty old but my hub bearing just went so think that may be alot of the problem.
do you think that might be why
mintalkin
brake fluid has to withstand high heat in the brakeing system. the fluid absorbes water so The Wet Boiling Point is the temperature a brake fluid will boil after it has been saturated with moisture. this is why most manufactors recomend changing the fluid every two years.
shanmc
[quote name='mintalkin' post='30103' date='Jun 23 2009, 04:04 PM']brake fluid has to withstand high heat in the brakeing system. the fluid absorbes water so The Wet Boiling Point is the temperature a brake fluid will boil after it has been saturated with moisture. this is why most manufactors recomend changing the fluid every two years.[/quote]

thanks.fluid hasnt been changed in 3 years so thats another job.
just got the bearing replaced so i'll see if the problem persists.
can you tell me where the abs sensor is at the radiator

Full Colour Version: abs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.