Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sqealing noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
steve67
hello, i have a 51 plate tddi focus, on start up first thing in the morning i have a small squealing noise from the engine that lasts for about 2-3mins and then disappears. any ideas? it's only in the morning!!!!
Whelk8891
[quote name='steve67' post='30171' date='Jun 23 2009, 09:38 PM']hello, i have a 51 plate tddi focus, on start up first thing in the morning i have a small squealing noise from the engine that lasts for about 2-3mins and then disappears. any ideas? it's only in the morning!!!![/quote]
Auxiliary belt, probably. Its a common complaint. Its a flat belt and when its worn, it can slip against the pulleys causing a squeak.

You can get some stuff to spray onto the belt to give it better adhesion, or you can replace the belt - better done at a garage cos I gather its not the easiest of maintenance jobs, plus the belt needs to be the right tension after refitting.
steve67
[quote name='Whelk8891' post='30177' date='Jun 23 2009, 10:08 PM']Auxiliary belt, probably. Its a common complaint. Its a flat belt and when its worn, it can slip against the pulleys causing a squeak.

You can get some stuff to spray onto the belt to give it better adhesion, or you can replace the belt - better done at a garage cos I gather its not the easiest of maintenance jobs, plus the belt needs to be the right tension after refitting.[/quote]

thanks for that, the car is in for a major service next week , i'll get them to take a look.

Full Colour Version: sqealing noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.