Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Raises The Prices Of Its Cars By 4%
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Beermonster
Just read this on the news, glad I register mine this month

Ford is to increase the price of its new vehicles in the UK by an average of 4%.
Ford blames the weak pound for the price hike
Britain's biggest-selling car company said the weakness of the pound against the euro was behind the hike.
The hike will add around 600 to the price of a Ford Fiesta and about 650 to a Focus and a Mondeo.

It is the second price hike by the company this year, following the 3.5% average increase which took effect on April 1.
[url="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Ford-Increase-Price-Of-New-Vehicles-In-UK-By-Average-Of-4/Article/200906415316886?lpos=Business_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15316886_Ford_Increase_Price_Of_New_Vehicles_In_UK_By_Average_Of_4%25"]Sky News[/url]
TheFiesta
[quote name='Beermonster' post='30240' date='Jun 24 2009, 12:31 PM']The hike will add around 600 to the price of a Ford Fiesta and about 650 to a Focus and a Mondeo.[/quote]

This is not a small raise...
mc_flame
Never buy new cars anyway. First few years loses couple grand off value easy!
DONFRAMAC
British-built Ford engines and gearboxes, are sent to europe to be built-up and sold everywhere as complete cars.
Can we assume that our cheaply produced exported engines and gearboxes have cut the prices of Fords abroad??
I DON'T THINK SO !!
Ford are obviously pocketing the increase in profitability abroad, but making the Brits suffer for making cheaper drive-train units, as our weak pound MUST be lowering their costs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.