Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Running badly
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
MrDagz
Hi all,
I have a 2003 2.0 Ghia and today it start running very poorly and the enigne warning light has come on.

I think it has gone in to get you home mode as it works but i have no power and when it idals it sounds like it is about to stall.

any have any idea's about what might be wrong with it.
also how far is it safe to drive as i need to decided which garage to go to, i have one that is very close but it's not a ford dealersship the cloest one is about 15 miles away.
mintalkin
you need to get the fault codes from the ecu which any garage should be able to do, once you have the code it might be just a sensor thats playing up and an easy fix.
mc_flame
Coil Pack?
MrDagz
[quote name='mc_flame' post='30769' date='Jun 28 2009, 09:22 AM']Coil Pack?[/quote]

you got it spot on, it is the coil in Cylinder number 4, i am waiting on a price now.
mc_flame
[quote name='MrDagz' post='30878' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:40 AM']you got it spot on, it is the coil in Cylinder number 4, i am waiting on a price now.[/quote]

Had a similar problem with my fiesta a while ago. Don't buy cheap replacements though, they fail in weeks! Get a genuine ford one costs around 30-40 if I remember. :)
MrDagz
[quote name='mc_flame' post='30995' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:01 AM']Had a similar problem with my fiesta a while ago. Don't buy cheap replacements though, they fail in weeks! Get a genuine ford one costs around 30-40 if I remember. :)[/quote]

sounds like what i have been quoted for so should be ok.
should get it back to day, currently having to drive my G\F 1.2 Corsa, really looking forward to getting my focus back, need a car with some power.
mc_flame
[quote name='MrDagz' post='30997' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:36 AM']sounds like what i have been quoted for so should be ok.
should get it back to day, currently having to drive my G\F 1.2 Corsa, really looking forward to getting my focus back, need a car with some power.[/quote]

I know the feeling mines a 1.8, like being able to put my foot down and pull away easy. Glad you got it sorted mate.
MrDagz
[quote name='mc_flame' post='31001' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:39 AM']I know the feeling mines a 1.8, like being able to put my foot down and pull away easy. Glad you got it sorted mate.[/quote]

I had a 1.8 before this one, good car!

considering the 1.8 or 2.0 TDCI as the next car as i want some think that is a bit better on fule.
will end up being a Mrk2 but the Mrk3 looks amazing!
mc_flame
Yea mines the mk2, like the ST in the mk3 and the new rs looks fantastic! :D

Full Colour Version: Engine Running badly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615