Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 (new shape) Ford Focus and Aux on 6000CD
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
onefurlongout
Hi first post so go easy.

I've just got myself a new ipod and I've heard that I can hook this up to the aux function on my cd player (CDDJ). I've looked in the glove box but this does not seem to be available, there is a plastic circle with a hole in the middle but this does not look right as the stereo manuals show a picture with 'AUX In'

My questions are as follows:

Is AUX avaaible my 05 plate?

Is it easy to fit the AUX myself?

If I got this completed elsewhere how much would this cost?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
jasonst170
[quote name='onefurlongout' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:50 AM' post='31214']
Hi first post so go easy.

I've just got myself a new ipod and I've heard that I can hook this up to the aux function on my cd player (CDDJ). I've looked in the glove box but this does not seem to be available, there is a plastic circle with a hole in the middle but this does not look right as the stereo manuals show a picture with 'AUX In'

My questions are as follows:

Is AUX avaaible my 05 plate?

Is it easy to fit the AUX myself?

If I got this completed elsewhere how much would this cost?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
[hi.
you may need a different lead to connect ipod to connecter in glove box.
if it doesn't look right tho you can buy the lead which connects from the head unit to glove box for around 23 from ya ford dealer...
hope this helps ]
onefurlongout
[hi.
you may need a different lead to connect ipod to connecter in glove box.
if it doesn't look right tho you can buy the lead which connects from the head unit to glove box for around 23 from ya ford dealer...
hope this helps ]
[/quote]

The is nothing in the glove box to connect it too, it looks like there should be but its just plastic. I'm not even sure CDDJ will work with the IPOD
jasonst170
you can get for your 05

its very easy

take stereo out & glovebox.

put lead in glovebox hole should be there so no need to drill tho you could mount it anywhere as long as the lead reaches.

plug into the only hole it will fit in on back of stereo

put stereo ecr back in place plug in your ipon/mp3/phone hit the aux button & start nodding your head

easy enough to do your self

your local garge would probably charge an hours labour at the max but id have a go yourself m8

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615