Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!!! Electrics gone crazy....
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
black sportka
Hi guys, im a newbie here and could really do with some help!!

My girlfriend has got a 2003 53 reg sportKa and she has only had it 2 months. It has been great untill last wkend when the remote central locking wouldnt open the doors. It just makes a noise at the lock but only on the passenger side? The remote boot release still works, and the central locking works with the key in the lock but not by remote. Also the front electric windows have stopped working completely, and so has the internal boot release button. As if that isnt enough the parking sensors occasionally beep as if you are about to hit something even when you are nowhere near anything.

ALL this has happened simultaniously and for no apparent reason.

We have tried using the spare key but no difference, and all the fuses are fine.

HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
mintalkin
first thing is to check all the fuses and relays are ok, if they are i think it would be best to remove the door panel and check all the wireing for damage or loose plugs, also check where it goes through the door hinge area.
black sportka
[quote name='mintalkin' post='32377' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:49 PM']first thing is to check all the fuses and relays are ok, if they are i think it would be best to remove the door panel and check all the wireing for damage or loose plugs, also check where it goes through the door hinge area.[/quote]

Thanks, all the fuses are fine, where abouts are the relays located? How would i recognise if the relay(s) are damaged, or is it a case of replacing them to check?

Thanks again for any help guys
Babybel
Gutted hope you can get it sorted. This happend to my mum's corsa, we needed an auto electrican to sort the problem out in the end.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.