Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting st170 alloys onto a 2003 focus lx
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
slowcraig
I have recently been given a set of these st170 alloys from a friend, who owns an st170, i have been told they fit my car, but looking at the wheels the bolt holes look massive, would i need to buy seperate bolts?
Also if i put the wheels on my car, im hoping the car wont look as if its on stilts, as i really dont wont to go through the hassle to lowering my car over a set of alloys
Has anyone else had experience with these?
ASHMAN
[quote name='slowcraig' post='33158' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:32 AM']I have recently been given a set of these st170 alloys from a friend, who owns an st170, i have been told they fit my car, but looking at the wheels the bolt holes look massive, would i need to buy seperate bolts?
Also if i put the wheels on my car, im hoping the car wont look as if its on stilts, as i really dont wont to go through the hassle to lowering my car over a set of alloys
Has anyone else had experience with these?[/quote]
They will fit ok,have you got the alloy wheel nuts for the alloys. :)
slowcraig
[quote name='ASHMAN' post='33164' date='Jul 16 2009, 12:59 PM']They will fit ok,have you got the alloy wheel nuts for the alloys. :)[/quote]
no mate i havn't, why do i need to get a new set for the alloys?
dfoord
[quote name='slowcraig' post='33166' date='Jul 16 2009, 01:07 PM']no mate i havn't, why do i need to get a new set for the alloys?[/quote]
If you were to use normal steel wheel nuts they would shred the alloy and the wheel would fall off alloy nuts sit better and look better ;)
slowcraig
The alloys fit perfectly, used the same wheel nuts on my focus, just thought i'd post incase anyone else was thinking of doing this

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.