Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door lock motor
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Big Bob
Has anyone got info how to check drivers door lock motor?
Haynes is pretty vague as usual, I managed to get the b*****r out eventually, expecting a seperate motor, but it's all one piece.
Central locking won't lock unless drivers door is locked with the key, so I suspect the motor is u/s, but I'd like to check it before I buy a new one. :unsure:
Braders
my dads also got a focus with the same bloody problem except its the passenger door.
havent got a clue whats wrong with it
Big Bob
I have sorted mine by fitting a second hand lock/motor assembly (off eBay, 14.50 inc postage).
It is rather awkward to get the lock out of the door due to it being a complete assembly, lock, motor, connecting rods & internals for the handle but it is do-able, just be gentle with it.
coli
[quote name='Big Bob' post='33210' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:00 PM']Has anyone got info how to check drivers door lock motor?
Haynes is pretty vague as usual, I managed to get the b*****r out eventually, expecting a seperate motor, but it's all one piece.
Central locking won't lock unless drivers door is locked with the key, so I suspect the motor is u/s, but I'd like to check it before I buy a new one. :unsure:[/quote]
coli
[quote name='Big Bob' post='33210' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:00 PM']Has anyone got info how to check drivers door lock motor?
Central locking won't lock unless drivers door is locked with the key, so I suspect the motor is u/s, but I'd like to check it before I buy a new one. :unsure:[/quote]
you probably need a new lock assy quite common on focus you coul try the other side same plug fitting if you do try that you need to test it with the lock in locked position a new lock is about 90 inc vat

Full Colour Version: Door lock motor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.