Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poorly Streetka
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Trouble1212
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone can help on a couple of topics.

1 - When I put the key in the ignition and turn it, nothing happens. When I turn it back towards me - all the disply needles shake. This happens very randomly... every 2 or 3 days. After a few tries of turning the key back and forth - hey presto!!
The var is currently in thr Ford garage who say there is nothing wring with it.

2 - A second point is the heating fans. They are really loud... is this normal?? Again - the garage seems to think so.

3 - Finally... the rear light is forever misted up and they have quoted me 116 to replace? Can I do this myself? (Well - get fiance / brother / dad to do it?) :-)
mintalkin
its hard to comment on the first two problems without inspection, as for the rear light it must be condensation which is usually caused by a poor seal to the bodywork. you could remove the light cluster, dry it out with a hairdryer and then refit applying some sylicone sealent on the cluster to get a good seal to the bodywork.
Trouble1212
[quote name='mintalkin' post='33824' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:44 PM']its hard to comment on the first two problems without inspection, as for the rear light it must be condensation which is usually caused by a poor seal to the bodywork. you could remove the light cluster, dry it out with a hairdryer and then refit applying some sylicone sealent on the cluster to get a good seal to the bodywork.[/quote]

That sounds like a much cheaper option - I will do that! Thank you for your advice.

With regards to the engine problem, I am collecting the car today. Ford have not done anything with it so if it happens again then I will try another garage.

Thanks again!

Full Colour Version: Poorly Streetka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.