Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing standard radio cassette with Ford CD unit
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
nickmcd333
I recently bought my girlfriend a KA 1.3 (02 plate) which came with the original Cassette Radio unit. A local car dealer let me have the CD unit out of a Collection model that was going to the auction and we checked that it worked and had the right radio code before taking it out. I have tried to replace the unit but it won't turn on. I know it is recieving power as the red light flashes if I take the facia off but it won't turn on to allow me to put the code in.
Has anyone any ideas on why it won't work as I thought it would just be a straight swop?
TurboZutek
[quote name='nickmcd333' post='35077' date='Jul 29 2009, 10:07 AM']I recently bought my girlfriend a KA 1.3 (02 plate) which came with the original Cassette Radio unit. A local car dealer let me have the CD unit out of a Collection model that was going to the auction and we checked that it worked and had the right radio code before taking it out. I have tried to replace the unit but it won't turn on. I know it is recieving power as the red light flashes if I take the facia off but it won't turn on to allow me to put the code in.
Has anyone any ideas on why it won't work as I thought it would just be a straight swop?[/quote]

Are all the fuses good? There are normally two branches of +12v - a thin cable to keep the radio settings intact (and also flash that LED) and a thicker one which actually supplies the POWER; which is normally ignition switched (with the key).

Check both of these have power.

Chris...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.