Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo tdci 140
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Billy1561
Hello all.
I have had my 'new' mondeo for just over a week and the economy is poor.
In general driving inc motorway i am averaging 36 mpg and that is normal driving not thrashing it about.
I would be interested in any thoughts as to why this may be? It can't be right as i have just part exchanged the equivalent vehicle (06 plate) which averaged 42 urban and 45 in general.
It is a 2.0 ltr tdci 140 manual.
Cheers.
eggsy
[quote name='Billy1561' post='35142' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:51 PM']Hello all.
I have had my 'new' mondeo for just over a week and the economy is poor.
In general driving inc motorway i am averaging 36 mpg and that is normal driving not thrashing it about.
I would be interested in any thoughts as to why this may be? It can't be right as i have just part exchanged the equivalent vehicle (06 plate) which averaged 42 urban and 45 in general.
It is a 2.0 ltr tdci 140 manual.
Cheers.[/quote]
I cleaned my EGR inlet manifold out last week and its improved the performance and fuel consumption no end1 worth try.
red but not so fast!
hi im a newbie! i was looking for consumption questions and saw this. i have a zetec 115 tdci and i am experiencing similar sort of problems. for mine only being 115 bhp surely i would or should be getting 50+ mpg!? dont get me wrong i am getting about 48 but that was down to gt yarmouth yesterday i am looking at ways to make it more lively too any pointers from anyone? i know that there are plug in chips or remaps which one is best?
crespo2121
[quote name='red but not so fast!' post='35998' date='Aug 4 2009, 02:17 PM']hi im a newbie! i was looking for consumption questions and saw this. i have a zetec 115 tdci and i am experiencing similar sort of problems. for mine only being 115 bhp surely i would or should be getting 50+ mpg!? dont get me wrong i am getting about 48 but that was down to gt yarmouth yesterday i am looking at ways to make it more lively too any pointers from anyone? i know that there are plug in chips or remaps which one is best?[/quote]
To be honest you have to drive like miss daisy to get the manufacturers figures. But you could try cleaning your EGR and the MAF sensor if yours is a late 115. The early ones did not have one. As for more poke. The roverron synergie tuning box comes highly recommend. And is only 150 quid. A lot of TDCI owners use it and are very pleased with the results. When you considor a remap can cost up to 400 and give similer results its very good value.
Billy1561
[quote name='eggsy' post='35709' date='Aug 2 2009, 06:24 PM']I cleaned my EGR inlet manifold out last week and its improved the performance and fuel consumption no end1 worth try.[/quote]

That sounds like good advice BUT my car is just 3 months old with 5k on the clock. Would it require doing so soon? I mean i could end up doing it every 3 months of its life it that was true.

Full Colour Version: Mondeo tdci 140
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615