Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my fiesta
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
shaun1990
When i turn right or left iv got a noise that sounds like its knocking but for past week iv heard it doing the same noise when im braking any ideas of what this could be??

thanks
mintalkin
sound like a worn bush some where in the suspension area, remove the roadwheels and check for play on all the rubber bushes.
shaun1990
thanks mintalkin

i took it in to mot center and they had a look and told me i need new strut top mount rubbers and tie rod arms bushs so iv just had that done and still she has knocking noise ......
Purdy fpv
[quote name='shaun1990' post='36210' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:30 PM']thanks mintalkin

i took it in to mot center and they had a look and told me i need new strut top mount rubbers and tie rod arms bushs so iv just had that done and still she has knocking noise ......[/quote]
Without seeing it I have no idea. It could be anything. From steering to the exhaust knocking. The garage should be able to find the fault. Take it back and tell them that you are not happy.
shaun1990
took it back at 9 am today and ask them to find out what it is....they rang me up at 1 pm and they say they cant find anything....so think im going to have to change the bottom arms ,tie rod arms and maybe drive shafts but do one at time just to see if the noise goes thanks for help tho.....cheers again
mintalkin
try a different garage, better than just throwing money at it hoping to find out whats wrong.
Purdy fpv
[quote name='mintalkin' post='36341' date='Aug 6 2009, 05:06 PM']try a different garage, better than just throwing money at it hoping to find out whats wrong.[/quote]
Yeah I agree. even have a word with your local Ford dealer as well.

Full Colour Version: my fiesta
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615