Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KA Heating
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
vikki1
Hello :rolleyes:

Im one of them newbies so bear with me.

My partner has a 1.3 Y plate and the heating '' well there isn't any it just blows cold on whatever setting you have it on '' Can anybody give me some info' on this.

I have replaced the switch with a new one but this was not the cure and
it has recently had a new maniold gasket fitted if thats any help

Thanks
mintalkin
it could be the heater control valve, the access is in the bulkhead, you will see two pipes going into it, then out of it again. Check there is a voltage to the electrical connector, should be 12v when the dial is on hot.

Check both pipes are warm, if not then and you have 12v its most likely the heater control valve.
kla
[quote name='mintalkin' date='08 August 2009 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1249744621' post='36537']
it could be the heater control valve, the access is in the bulkhead, you will see two pipes going into it, then out of it again. Check there is a voltage to the electrical connector, should be 12v when the dial is on hot.

Check both pipes are warm, if not then and you have 12v its most likely the heater control valve.

i have the same problem, i take it it is 12volt at the solenoid and not the switch. how easy is it to get at the solenoid connections?
thanks
[/quote]
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
Yeah I would have said hcv also
SITEMASTER
I had A P reg KA which done the same thing (blowing out cold Air when on hot setting). Change the hcv valve and that will end the heating problems for you. it's a tight job to do mind.

Full Colour Version: KA Heating
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615