Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cant find engine number ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jacko192
I have a 1.8 Ford Focus 'W' Reg and for the life of me can't find the engine number on the engine cylinder block. :( I have the engine number off the ID plate on front cross member, but don't know how this transfers onto and where on the engine ?
coli
[quote name='jacko192' post='36590' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:04 AM']I have a 1.8 Ford Focus 'W' Reg and for the life of me can't find the engine number on the engine cylinder block. :( I have the engine number off the ID plate on front cross member, but don't know how this transfers onto and where on the engine ?[/quote]
fords don,t use engine numbers some people use the last 5 digits of the chassis number,colin
gaz6076
[quote name='coli' post='36619' date='Aug 9 2009, 04:51 PM']fords don,t use engine numbers some people use the last 5 digits of the chassis number,colin[/quote]

They use engine codes, same thing really.

It located on the passengers side of the rocker cover on the side or near the top of the gearbox at the bell housing (where the flywheel is)

For the mk1 1.8 focus it should start with EYD

Full Colour Version: cant find engine number ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.