Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
HeadShoT2009
How can you changed the accelerator pedal on a 51 ford focus petrol, as my foot keeps slippin as the grip is starting to wear flat. also can you change the rest of the pedals with them extension thinds you can buy from momo and sparco and things
gaz6076
You can just change the grips. It's not that difficult to do. Some wd40 helps slip them back on. Only a couple of pound for each.

Not sure about the extentions but I would think they would do a universial fitment of sorts. Best to check the websites
alz
Yes, I agree changing the rubber grips is the cheapest way.. the accelerator pedal is one unit and and can cost up to 90 for a new one . you can take the accelerator pedal out of the car to help you size up and fit the rubber grip (its easy to take out, couple of small nuts and a plug)
stef123
[quote name='gaz6076' post='37217' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:50 PM']You can just change the grips. It's not that difficult to do. Some wd40 helps slip them back on. Only a couple of pound for each.

Not sure about the extentions but I would think they would do a universial fitment of sorts. Best to check the websites[/quote]

i dont think it has a grip? its just part of the plastic pedal.

shouldnt be too hard to change though. according to haynes its a 1 spanner for level of difficulty lol.

remove five screws and take out the trim panel above the driver's footwell to gain access to the accelerator pedal; unclip the diagnostic plug from the panel as it is removed.

detach the accelerator cable from the pedal then unscrew the 3 nuts and the remove the pedal assembly.

refit in the reverse order.

hope this helps.
gaz6076
You can get replacment grips for it. I'm don't know if ford supply them but I've done a few in the past.

I know for a fact that transits are this way and ford do supply them

Full Colour Version: Accelerator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.