Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AUX on Focus '57
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
atomicbullet
Hi,

After browsing around 7 pages and trying to use the search feature on here it just brings up nothing on the subject.

Mother currently has Focus Zetec '57 Petrol 1.8

The head unit is 6000,

[img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/adamddickinson/photo-2.jpg[/img]

It has the AUX button but no connection in the glove box. After doing a little research, can it be done by simply buying [url="http://www.fordsparts.co.uk/product-info/mp3adap"]This[/url] then fitting?

What else would i need? Keys to remove the head unit + screw driver to take out the glove box tray. Any codes that may need putting back in or anything or i suspect i will not need this as the power is not actually going to be removed.

Any advice would be good thanks.

Also just a another small question, what is the point of the phone down button seen as it just mutes the sound same as the green phone, i take it this is to do with the bluetooth feature thats not included as standard?

thanks
Adam
gaz6076
According to the link you posted thats for a 2007 mondeo;

Ford Parts >> Mondeo >> Mondeo 2007 >> Auxilary MP3 Adaptor Genuine Ford Product Reference Number 1426121

Don't know what the difference is, but i think it would be the same for all 6000 radios. Never fitted one before but as the radio has the AUX option i would think its fairly straightforward. Must be an optional extra
patkin
I fitted this kit (1426121) to my 06 Focus and it works fine.
You will need a set of 4 removal tools for the head unit (approx 5 off ebay), a set of Torx keys to remove the glovebox, a 20mm hole cutter or drill to make the hole in the glovebox for the jack socket and the 4 digit code for the head unit if you have to disconnect it. You will also need an audio lead to connect your ipod or mp3 player to the new socket.

Everything else you need is in the kit, even cable ties to secure the new cable to the loom.

The job should take under an hour.

Note: Don't try getting the head unit out with anything other than the correct removal tools as you'll just get frustrated and probably scratch the fascia.

Good luck.

Full Colour Version: AUX on Focus '57
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615