Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus central locking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jocojohn
Hi,

My son has a 1999 T reg 1.6 Focus. Yesterday he found that the central locking had stopped working. no door will open using the remote and only the one door will open using the key which I believe rules out a dead key fob battery. Also the offside rear door will not open now even from the inside.

He has tried to locate the fuse ( number 63 I think ) but cant find it, the glove box fuses go up to number 62. He was told 63 fuse was behind the others but is having trouble removing the fuse block.

Does anyone know if this likely to be the problem or is there anything else we can check.

Any help would be great, thanks, John
mintalkin
until fuse 63 has been checked which is behind the fuse panel its hard to move onto investigating any further.
coli
[quote name='jocojohn' post='38685' date='Aug 22 2009, 11:30 AM']Hi,

My son has a 1999 T reg 1.6 Focus. Yesterday he found that the central locking had stopped working. no door will open using the remote and only the one door will open using the key which I believe rules out a dead key fob battery. Also the offside rear door will not open now even from the inside.

He has tried to locate the fuse ( number 63 I think ) but cant find it, the glove box fuses go up to number 62. He was told 63 fuse was behind the others but is having trouble removing the fuse block.

Does anyone know if this likely to be the problem or is there anything else we can check.

Any help would be great, thanks, John[/quote]
you have to take out fuse box removing two small screws unclip and turn round with the back facing you in the middle behind the wiring is the fuse yellow 20a ,colin

Full Colour Version: Focus central locking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.