Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 puma engine
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Puma Club
kieran09
im thinkin of gettin a 1.7 puma engine for my mrk 4 fiesta as at the min it has a 1.25 ...baciacally will it be worth it ?? ive found a engine im lookin at gettin but hav been told tha the engine can hav a few problems but if i was to go ahead with the job will i need to upgrade the brakes ??
gaz6076
The engine will fit straight in without any problems. You will need the engine mount and ecu from the puma aswell. You will other stuff aswell eg manifolds

It would be a good idea to upgrade the brakes with the extra power from the 1.7. I'm not sure but I think the puma breaks fit
jasonst170
[quote name='gaz6076' post='38877' date='Aug 23 2009, 03:51 PM']The engine will fit straight in without any problems. You will need the engine mount and ecu from the puma aswell. You will other stuff aswell eg manifolds

It would be a good idea to upgrade the brakes with the extra power from the 1.7. I'm not sure but I think the puma breaks fit[/quote]
and suspension
kieran09
ideal thanks for the help ...the suspension ive had sorted all ready so it all good :) ...
Purdy fpv
once you have got the 1.7 in. You could go up to the next level and tune it so that you can get power levels close to the Racing Puma.

Full Colour Version: 1.7 puma engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615