Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.8 lower wishbone
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stewart_2004
Hi all,

just fitted a new driveshaft to my 1.8 01 zetec and the rubber on the wishbone ball joint has perished can I get a new ball joint or is it a full wishbone?

Regards

Stew
stef123
[quote name='stewart_2004' post='39634' date='Aug 27 2009, 10:26 AM']Hi all,

just fitted a new driveshaft to my 1.8 01 zetec and the rubber on the wishbone ball joint has perished can I get a new ball joint or is it a full wishbone?

Regards

Stew[/quote]

you will be able to get a lower ball joint from a motor factors or even ebay. probably expect to pay 20 upwards. i cant remember if its riveted onto the wishbone but if so these will need cut off and any decent ball joint will come with new bolts to replace these.
the cost of a wishbone is probably just as cheap. if you were gonna replace the wishbone, i would be doing the other side too.

just had a look on ebay, the ball joints are 10-20 ish and the full wishbones including ball joints and bushes are anything from 20 each really.
stewart_2004
Cheers Stef thanks for reply thats what I wanted to know regarding the rivets wasnt sure if I could just replace them with bolts.

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.8 lower wishbone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.