Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central locking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
brucie
Another little job! button on key fob operates the locking (sound) but does not lock or open (get double locking sound as if a door is open) works fine when using the key in lock any ideas?
ian_c41
[quote name='brucie' post='39647' date='Aug 27 2009, 10:51 AM']Another little job! button on key fob operates the locking (sound) but does not lock or open (get double locking sound as if a door is open) works fine when using the key in lock any ideas?[/quote]

i had this problem and relised its was the drivers door lock meckonism changed it and started working fine
brucie
[quote name='ian_c41' post='39707' date='Aug 27 2009, 03:27 PM']i had this problem and relised its was the drivers door lock meckonism changed it and started working fine[/quote]

Thanks will give that a go.
Had another look and it seems to point to the boot latch, sometimes when closing the boot it gives a roll over sound and does not engage the lock as it opens with a pull up. Might be a loose component in there somewhere so I will have a look there.
chris bowman
[quote name='brucie' post='39761' date='Aug 27 2009, 07:54 PM']Thanks will give that a go.
Had another look and it seems to point to the boot latch, sometimes when closing the boot it gives a roll over sound and does not engage the lock as it opens with a pull up. Might be a loose component in there somewhere so I will have a look there.[/quote]
try adjustment on rear latch on the boot and car to see if it will operate better. lubricate aswell.if this does not work u may need a new button if the wiring is intact between the two

Full Colour Version: Central locking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.