Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car stereo
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
sssnakeuk2001
Hi i have a 53 ford fusion 1.6, the cd player is playing up so i was hoping someone know of a replacement stereo which would fit into the 3 slots. I really would like one that played mp3 discs.

Please help,

Stephen
decredwood
[quote name='sssnakeuk2001' date='29 August 2009 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1251550887' post='40185']
Hi i have a 53 ford fusion 1.6, the cd player is playing up so i was hoping someone know of a replacement stereo which would fit into the 3 slots. I really would like one that played mp3 discs.

Please help,

Stephen
[/quote]

I am looking to replace the existing cassette player in my 53 plate Fusion. General opinion is that you'd be better off buying a fascia adaptor and getting an after market Stereo/CD player to fit in. (As the Ford CD players are expensive!)

However, the problem I've got is the front moulding seems to be shaped around the whole unit, (including the fan/heater controls and hazard light button etc.) so I think this needs to be replaced to fit the adaptor in the first place!!
Lenny
Im assumimg the 53 plate is 2005- model hers the conversion kit [url="http://cgi.ebay.ie/FORD-CD-FASCIA-SURROUND-FITTING-KIT-FUSION-2002-2005-/350176257431?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item518821a597"]Fusion Fasica Kit[/url] and also budget stereo that plays mp3 cd's and front aux jack for mp3 or Ipod [url="http://cgi.ebay.ie/BEAT-175-Car-Stereo-RDS-Radio-USB-SD-Card-MP3-Ipod-/230465869196?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item35a8d6158c"]Stereo Fusion[/url] if you need more help just ask me, also im not the seller of these items their purly examples

Full Colour Version: Car stereo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.