Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: grinding first gear
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
johneebwood
:( hi guys, i am in the process of buying a ford focus 2002 cl td di,
i have taken one for a test drive today, the car drove lovely apart from the first gear selection,
when the car was stationary no problem, but when the car is driven, on selecting first gear it
was a struggle to get in and would grind, has anyone got ant ideas what this may be,
also another one i had a test drive, in every so often the speedo would drop to zero for a 20 seconds or so and then back, the garage said it is a common fault on the car,(this one is a 1.6 petrol).
according to the garage it will be a speedo sensor, 22 quid. they can do the job for me or they can knock 200 quid if i take it as it is. any ides of any other points to look for when buying a focus would be appreciated as well, thanks guys
john
dezwez
[quote name='johneebwood' post='40472' date='Aug 30 2009, 07:28 PM']:( hi guys, i am in the process of buying a ford focus 2002 cl td di,
i have taken one for a test drive today, the car drove lovely apart from the first gear selection,
when the car was stationary no problem, but when the car is driven, on selecting first gear it
was a struggle to get in and would grind, has anyone got ant ideas what this may be,
also another one i had a test drive, in every so often the speedo would drop to zero for a 20 seconds or so and then back, the garage said it is a common fault on the car,(this one is a 1.6 petrol).
according to the garage it will be a speedo sensor, 22 quid. they can do the job for me or they can knock 200 quid if i take it as it is. any ides of any other points to look for when buying a focus would be appreciated as well, thanks guys
john[/quote]
try someware diffrent they sound crap

Full Colour Version: grinding first gear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615