Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Bleeding Necessary?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
kesher
Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.
The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

[b]THANKS [/b]
mjt
[quote name='kesher' post='1361' date='May 11 2008, 08:43 AM']Yesterday, I bled all the brakes using a pressure bleeder (Eezi Bleed) after letting the fluid drop well below the minimum level, and as my Focus has a hydraulic clutch I'm wondering if it's necessary to bleed the clutch even if the clutch is working fine.
The Haynes manual does not list bleeding the clutch in it's service schedule.

[b]THANKS [/b][/quote]
It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.
kesher
[quote name='mjt' post='1371' date='May 11 2008, 09:57 PM']It's most unlikely any air will have got into the clutch as this is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir. Since the clutch is working ok it's best left alone.[/quote]

Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid
mjt
[quote name='kesher' post='1372' date='May 11 2008, 11:13 PM']Then I suppose as the clutch is fed from a separate compartment in the reservoir, the clutch's fluid cannot contaminate the newly changed brake fluid[/quote]
Well, when you top the fluid up to the correct level it rises above the partition between the two compartments so it will mix to some extent then.

Full Colour Version: Clutch Bleeding Necessary?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.