Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Sport 1.8TDCI
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Yogster
Dear All,
I have recently had a new clutch on my Ford Focus Sport 1.8TDCI about a month ago and i had the car serviced about two weeks ago (Oil change, air filter change, fuel filter change and new front brake pads). Over the past couple of weeks my car has seemed to lose power, i am having to change down one more gear to climb hills etc and there is definetely a problem. Also over the weekend i was overtaking a car going up hill so i dropped it down to 3rd gear and booted it and there was a high revving noise which sounded like the clutch was slipping????

Also recently i have noticed a small amount of what looks and smells like oil under my drivers mat in the drivers footwell.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why my car has suddenly lost power as i just don't know where to start? I have to travel a long distance this weekend and i am worried that it won't get there.

Johann
mintalkin
the oil could be coming from the master cylinder and traveling down the clutch pedal into the foot well, check around the master cylinder for any leaks.

Full Colour Version: Ford Focus Sport 1.8TDCI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.