Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat Housing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jamboken77
I've just taken my Focus 2001 1.8LX to the garage after a coolant leak. They have diagnosed it as a leak into the thermostat housing and have said I'll need a new housing. They have quoted 86 from Ford, which seems about right, seen them for 72 but I just want it sorted. On top of this though, they have put 72 fitting on top, this seems a bit excessive.
How easy is it to fit yourself?
They are fitting it this afternoon, so a quick reply would be much appreciated.

I'm just glad it wasn't the head gasket :rolleyes:
artscot79
[quote name='jamboken77' post='41211' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:23 AM']I've just taken my Focus 2001 1.8LX to the garage after a coolant leak. They have diagnosed it as a leak into the thermostat housing and have said I'll need a new housing. They have quoted 86 from Ford, which seems about right, seen them for 72 but I just want it sorted. On top of this though, they have put 72 fitting on top, this seems a bit excessive.
How easy is it to fit yourself?
They are fitting it this afternoon, so a quick reply would be much appreciated.

I'm just glad it wasn't the head gasket :rolleyes:[/quote]
its easy to fit but then you will need new coolant added and to make sure theres no airlocks etc for the hassle they are as well doing it
jamboken77
[quote name='artscot79' post='41240' date='Sep 3 2009, 12:50 PM']its easy to fit but then you will need new coolant added and to make sure theres no airlocks etc for the hassle they are as well doing it[/quote]

Thank you, I guess I've just to remember the formula of money - money - money = cars :-(
They've done it now anyway so 158 lighter I'll be this month :-(

Full Colour Version: Thermostat Housing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615