Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Locking Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
benjstevo
Afternoon all,

I've recently started having a problem with the passenger side power lock on my '99 Focus 1.8 LX.

The lock mechanism itself is fine and reacts when manual locking but ONLY from that side of the car itself. When central locking via the remote or key from the driver's side, the power lock on the passenger side does not even cycle or react in any way thus the car cannot lock and cycles from locked - unlocked. It's rather frustrating having either a.)leave the passenger side locked or b.)lock the entire car via the passenger side.

Any ideas - I've checked fuse #63 which is for central locking. Surely if this was blown the entire system would not work?

Worn actuator?
artscot79
[quote name='benjstevo' post='41235' date='Sep 3 2009, 12:36 PM']Afternoon all,

I've recently started having a problem with the passenger side power lock on my '99 Focus 1.8 LX.

The lock mechanism itself is fine and reacts when manual locking but ONLY from that side of the car itself. When central locking via the remote or key from the driver's side, the power lock on the passenger side does not even cycle or react in any way thus the car cannot lock and cycles from locked - unlocked. It's rather frustrating having either a.)leave the passenger side locked or b.)lock the entire car via the passenger side.

Any ideas - I've checked fuse #63 which is for central locking. Surely if this was blown the entire system would not work?

Worn actuator?[/quote]
certainly sounds like it or a broken wire in the loom to that door
Big Bob
[quote name='benjstevo' post='41235' date='Sep 3 2009, 12:36 PM']Afternoon all,

Worn actuator?[/quote]

I had a similar fault on my Focus but drivers side, got a used lock assembly off ebay, that sorted it.
The lock assembly is quite a large unit & a bit of a puzzle to get out of the door, I had to move the window runner to get it back in, but otherwise not too bad a job if you have some mechanical ability & some Torx bits.

Full Colour Version: Central Locking Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.