Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best glass cleaner
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Detailing your Ford
kikey
hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike
stef123
[quote name='kikey' post='42382' date='Sep 9 2009, 12:00 PM']hi what is the best way to clean my windscreen there is a like a oily film on it i have tried glass cleaner even viniger but still oily realy bad when driving in the dark thanks mike[/quote]

i presume this is on the exterior of the windscreen? if its oily, maybe some form of degreaser. i always use meguiars nxt generation glass cleaner, takes off road dirt without any problems, not sure if even that could help.
mintalkin
you could try a premix of sugar soap, use newspaper instead of a cloth to wipe of the excess and do not forget the wiper blades themselfs.
DanGull
Boiling hot water is a very effective degeaser - adding fairy to it will also help, but don't let it get on your paint. Alternatively use Meg's degreaser.

My glass cleaner of preference is a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water, followed by good old Windowlene and polished with Autoglym glass cleaner.

Drying with newspaper has already been suggested, that's excellent, or use a waffle weave drying towel.
kikey
thanks for all the advice wil give some a try let you know how i get on thanks mike
focusmarsh
Some times, its just what the glass cleaner leaves befind.

After i have cleaned the glass, i would suggest using a clean & Dry Microfibre cloth and go over it again. This then polish's and removes anything left over.

All the best
Nick

Full Colour Version: best glass cleaner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.