Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't open the bonnet using the bonnet release catch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Gordon
The bonnet release catch won't work on my car. Any ideas how I can open the bonnet without using the bonnet release catch?

I'm suspecting that the cable has stretched as I can open the bonnet early in the morning or when it's cold during the day (ye olde expansion/contraction of the cable theory).
Capriking
Had a similar thing happen to me once on an old Granada I had at the time. The RAC were very useful in that event. Perhaps give them a try?(or whichever organisation you're with)
hotashel
Hi,

Can you pop the badge off and get to the catch that way it works on VW's but not sure about Fords but its worth a go.

H
decredwood
[quote name='Gordon' date='13 May 2008 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1210717231' post='1406']
The bonnet release catch won't work on my car. Any ideas how I can open the bonnet without using the bonnet release catch?

I'm suspecting that the cable has stretched as I can open the bonnet early in the morning or when it's cold during the day (ye olde expansion/contraction of the cable theory).
[/quote]

I've recently bought a Fusion. I found that you have to pull the catch for the bonnet pretty hard before it releases. At first I thought it might snap, but I gave it a good tug and the bonnet popped open. It sounds like you're only having occasional problems though, so this might not be relevant!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615