Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP xr2 carb problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Classic Ford
joff123
hi to anyone who can help me sort my single webber carb out on my 1986 dreg xr2,

first off its hard to start in the morning as the auto choke is sticking (i think).

when i get it to normal temprature it runs at about 2000 revs ive had the timing setup and thats perfect, also had the dizzy set too, and now its running at about 1500 revs still high i know but dont know why??

its running rich tried to adjust the mix but it doesnt do anything at all??

then after all that when i turn the car off it is over running for a second or two??

so any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated, thanks
sr-performance
Hi mate, been a long time since i did any work on older engines..:) if engine is running on for a few sec's after being turned off, then it's likely to be pre-ignition, usually down to carbon build up in cylinder head, needs taking off and de-coking as we used to call it..
Just a build up of carbon soot in head and intakes...
kylegent
fiesta's have an run on valve that stops this sounds like the high revs are causeing this to fail if you got an xr2 mate you want to try asking on

www.xrtwo.com

the'll see you right tell them i sent you over my name on there is (F13STA) ;)

Full Colour Version: HELP xr2 carb problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.