Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shell petrol and shell v power
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
fiesta_lad
Hi all can any one tell me whats the diffrence between normal shell petrol and shell v power petrol cheers alan.
chizzy125
[quote name='fiesta_lad' post='43529' date='Sep 18 2009, 10:39 PM']Hi all can any one tell me whats the diffrence between normal shell petrol and shell v power petrol cheers alan.[/quote]

normal shell has a lower percentage of octane compared to the v power so therefor the v power burns quicker giving u a very little increase in power
adzmcp
[quote name='fiesta_lad' post='43529' date='Sep 18 2009, 10:39 PM']Hi all can any one tell me whats the diffrence between normal shell petrol and shell v power petrol cheers alan.[/quote]

you really wont see any benifit from it. Large petrol engine and engines with turbos benifit the most from V Power but dont waist your money on it
DONFRAMAC
[quote name='chizzy125' post='47482' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:12 PM']normal shell has a lower percentage of octane compared to the v power so therefor the v power burns quicker giving u a very little increase in power[/quote]

High octane petrol actually burns slower than our standard 95 RON, so your car can only take advantage of it if the ECU can detect the better fuel is being used, e.g. by use of a knock-sensor, and then the ignition timing gets advanced a little, so that no unburnt fuel goes onto the lambda probe, sooting it up, and causing long-term problems. I have been told by my dealership that lowly versions of Fords cannot detect the higher octane, so you must stay with 95 RON.
My wife's Aygo Platinum has a label at the petrol hatch stating that 95 RON or 98 RON can be used.
Bikers who live 20 miles away in our other county town, regularly come thro' here for a top-up of 98 RON good-stuff, rather than blow holes in their pistons with fast-burning 95 RON, which is all that is available there.

Full Colour Version: Shell petrol and shell v power
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615