Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Light comes on
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
stcalder
hello,

i'm having a slight problem with my car at the moment, i have a 2004 04 ST170, when i go to start the car the battery light sometimes stays on and the cd player will reregister itself. i'm not to sure if the alternator or another part. if it is the alternator i'v found two, 80 amps or 100 amps, which would best suit the car?

cheers for your help
SuperSpecST
use a multimeter to test if the Alternator is charging. No charge. new alternator. Could be a tired battery as a tired battery can do funny things (reset radio) as cranking can take too much friom the system etc etc.
Matt_focus_zetec
Sounds like a nakerd battery easy option nip down to halfords get them to run a test with there battery and amp clamp tester see what comes back

Cheap Easy and quick methods

Full Colour Version: Battery Light comes on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615