Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel filler cap
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
mad mike
The fuel filler cap is not opening when I operate the lever on the floor. Possible broken cable. Has anyone ever changed one. It is a Mk2 1.8 verona

Cheers
mic
:blink: mike before you start replacing the cable ceck the spring on the end of the cable mine went when i had a mk2 i used to have to wedge the key in then pull the handle again till i sorted the spring #
[quote name='mad mike' post='1461' date='May 19 2008, 06:01 PM']The fuel filler cap is not opening when I operate the lever on the floor. Possible broken cable. Has anyone ever changed one. It is a Mk2 1.8 verona

Cheers[/quote]
the controller
[quote name='mic' post='1490' date='May 21 2008, 10:12 PM']:blink: mike before you start replacing the cable ceck the spring on the end of the cable mine went when i had a mk2 i used to have to wedge the key in then pull the handle again till i sorted the spring #[/quote]

These are common for the filler flap to stick on the seal, get someone to gently pull on the flap as you operate the lever, this should open. Then lubricate with some WD40 around the mating seal and jobs done.

Full Colour Version: Fuel filler cap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615