Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bonnet adjustment
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
focus5
Just got myself a Focus 1.8 Ghia 02 plate, really pleased with it. Looks like at some point its had the bonnet off and when re-fitted its not been adjusted flush with the wings. Its only a few millimeters higher than the wings but i would like to put it right. Does anyone know if it can be adjusted and how?
artscot79
[quote name='focus5' post='44356' date='Sep 25 2009, 09:27 PM']Just got myself a Focus 1.8 Ghia 02 plate, really pleased with it. Looks like at some point its had the bonnet off and when re-fitted its not been adjusted flush with the wings. Its only a few millimeters higher than the wings but i would like to put it right. Does anyone know if it can be adjusted and how?[/quote]
on the front with bonnet open theres 2 black lugs that stick up next to each headlightthese can be turned to let the bonnet sit lower or higher
focus5
[quote name='artscot79' post='44366' date='Sep 25 2009, 10:20 PM']on the front with bonnet open theres 2 black lugs that stick up next to each headlightthese can be turned to let the bonnet sit lower or higher[/quote]

the problem is more at the windscreen end, not sure if there is any adjustment that can be made with the hinges? Its had a repair at some point and the bonnet has been off.
any help much would be greatly recieved.
artscot79
[quote name='focus5' post='44569' date='Sep 27 2009, 05:25 PM']the problem is more at the windscreen end, not sure if there is any adjustment that can be made with the hinges? Its had a repair at some point and the bonnet has been off.
any help much would be greatly recieved.[/quote]
theres a small amount of adjustment on the hinge end youll need to loosen the bolts and move it a little then retighten etc sounds like its been a biut of a bad job most likely accident damaged

Full Colour Version: Bonnet adjustment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.